Compiled by Yuliia Akinzhaly
The Together platform created to support Ukrainian Ukrainian women displaced due to the war
While the Together platform offers a set of resources relevant to Poland (such as language learning and job search resources), it is also available and could be useful for women staying in other countries, including displaced women in Ukraine (including resources for skill development, career change and psychological support).
• The Grain from Ukraine program collected $190 million of partners’ contributions
The amount of announced contributions to humanitarian aid program for the countries of Africa and Asia is almost $190 mln.
• Norway transfers almost EUR 15 million for the EU mission to train the Ukrainian military
As part of the agreement, Norway transfers 150 million Norwegian kroner (approx. EUR 14.5 million) to the European Peace Fund for the mission operation. This decision was announced by the Norwegian government back on 31 October.
• Ukraine and Moldova create a working group to coordinate movement to the EU
On Tuesday, Prime Minister of Ukraine, Denys Shmyhal, announced the creation of a bilateral working group with Moldova. Its task will be to coordinate the movement of both countries towards the European Union.
• Hanover, Germany, transfers special equipment and generators to Mykolaiv
The humanitarian shipment includes front-end loaders, ambulances and minibuses, as well as several electric generators.
• Canada allocates $11 million to demining equipment for Ukraine
Canada will provide mine suits to protect Ukrainian deminers, as well as allocate funds for advanced remote-controlled demining systems to clear large areas such as agricultural land.
• Fundraising for winter uniforms for the Ukrainian military began in Poland
On Tuesday, Poland launched a campaign to collect funds for the purchase of winter equipment for the fighters of the armored brigade named after Przetław Lanzkoronski, which is being created in Ukraine.
• 24 EU countries offered their participation in a new military mission for Ukraine
As of 5 December, there are 15 ongoing modules that 1,125 Ukrainian servicemen participate in. Nine modules have already been completed, 377 servicemen participated.
• Twitter launched a donation advent calendar to attract users to charity meetings every day
Twitter launched a flash mob, a donation advent calendar. Every day from now until 25 December, you can use the hashtag #донатний_адвент to find ongoing fundraising activities that they can join.
• Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude Law helped raise funds to buy three evacuation ambulances
British actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude Law helped raise funds to purchase three ambulances for Ukraine. The funds were raised during a charity evening organized by the embassies of Estonia and Ukraine in Great Britain.
Ukrainian Women’s Guard
Donate to Ukrainian Women’s Guard PayPal mail: [email protected]
Subscribe to our channels and pages: